“The greater thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are going.”
As a Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues. This position reports to the Director of Sales or the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 2 or more years’ experience in Hotel Sales and have knowledge of the local area. *** Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.***
- Forecasts and accurately records for all bookings and cancelations at each hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded at each hotel.
- Establishes client base for specific markets to include organizations, associations, social groups, transient and corporate businesses through direct outside(majority) and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotels.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Aimbridge Hospitality is and will forever be a “high touch” organization. From the principals to the front line associates, the Aimbridge team is engaged in guest, partner (both investment and brand), and associate satisfaction. At Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Having fun helps us keep perspective! If we’re happy, our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community.
Career Advancement at Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality values innovative ideas that ensure high productivity and rewards those willing to step forward and help us develop passionate team members that deliver outstanding guest service and top financial results. We want you to succeed and explore new positions in which allow you to progress your career. Our culture and programs prepare you to meet and exceed your personal goals through:
- Every leader knowing the key to success is to always be training your team members, and to proactively encourage and provide them with opportunities for advancement.
- Manager In Training (MIT) programs to develop performing hourly staff into management opportunities.
- General Manager In Training (GMIT) programs to prepare performing management staff to take the keys to their first hotel.