Coast Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre
Location: CA - AB - Calgary
Calgary, Alberta, AB, CA T2A 6B6
The Sales Manager plays a key role in the overall success of the hotel. The primary function of this position is to actively solicit new bedroom and catering sales, plus maintain and/or increase sales from existing clientele to achieve or surpass monthly budgets for occupancy, average daily rate and revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve quarterly targeted sales activities.
- Keep informed of the competition's sales strategies and report on a timely basis sales intelligence of benefit to our organization.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to assess and implement strategy and long term goals.
- Accountable for booking group business originating from own market segment and achieving individual and team booking goals
- Independently responsible for achievement of sales activities and all objectives outlined in the action plan.
- Responsible for day-to-day duties of prospecting accounts, account development, site inspections and aggressive in developing new business.
- Keep accurate records of potential customers and follow through on all potential business.
- Utilize Sales System to track, solicit, book and follow-up accounts.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Participate in sites, familiarization tour, industry trade shows and sales trips as required.
- Schedule effective business trips and appointments within assigned markets. Participate in prescribed training and special projects.
- Develops and maintains a high visibility in the industry through attendance at local meetings such as MPI, CSAE, CBTA, etc., as outlined in the Marketing plan.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of two (2) years as an account manager in a similar size operation.
- Minimum of two (2) years within a hotel environment.
- Must be results oriented with ability to be flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Positive attitude and supportive, team based approach towards the attainment of the hotel's goals.
- Superior organizational and time management skills are necessary.
- Strong negotiation and sales skills are required.
- Have own vehicle, valid driver’s license and be able to travel