At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum (2) two years of college, degree desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prefer a minimum of one year’s experience in hotel sales with successful attainment of goals.
- Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
- Delphi experience is strongly recommended.
- Make personal visits, when necessary to target areas and call on Companies and associations located in a specific market or area.
- Book meetings, conferences and social guests from assigned areas.
- Dedicate majority of time to direct telephone sales.
- Rework and maintain old account files and solicit new accounts.
- Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
- Set-up site inspections and follow through.
- Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in association.
- Perform general office duties and assist other personnel, as required.
- Maintain a constant contact with Corporate and Association meeting planners; maintain membership and contacts in hotel industry associations.
- Maintain a working relationship with departments interacting with convention groups.
- Develop new accounts by being inquisitive of accounts we have for "spin off".
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes, which would affect operations.
- Maintain accurate forecast and recap information.
- Set-up and conduct site inspections for entire property.