Overall responsibility for property positioning and total revenue and yield strategies affecting group and transient rooms, group food and beverage, meeting room rental, local catering, outlet, and other revenues. Strategies will include determining optimal segment mix, pricing, and marketing channels by which to achieve these objectives. Through leveraging key aspects of the hotel, maximize profitability for the hotel and outstanding quality service for our guests. Accountable to market performance and potential performance as well as budget, forecast, and target goals. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee
Essential Job Functions
35% Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
15% Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly SMARTS report, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
15% Develop rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
10% Recruit, direct, manage, train and counsel sales staff. Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
10% Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
10% Conduct/attend daily business review meetings, weekly strategic sales meetings, management meetings and other meetings as required/ requested.
5% Manage/direct all advertising, public relations and promotional activities.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Oversee, mentor, and manage on-site Sales Managers, Catering Managers and Coordinators, delegating responsibilities.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and accurately maintain sales activity records.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, and other sales related meetings as required.
- Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers.
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.