1. Sells all product lines of the hotel including catering, rooms, packages, lounge and restaurant promotions. Maximize revenue through appropriate negotiations with customer.
2. Solicits business, qualifies their needs and forwards business to the appropriate Sales/Catering Manager.
3. Participates in completion of all of the appropriate forms used for in-house communication (room blocks, BEOs, rooming lists, etc.) Follows up with the proper department to ensure what has been committed to the client is in fact delivered.
4. Coordinates food and beverage requirements with the Catering department.
5. Maintains proper documentation of records and files for follow up and future reference.
6. Participates in sales blitzes.
7. Solicits accounts within the market segment by utilizing outside solicitation and telephone solicitation. Targets accounts with viability for business.
8. Participates in the following:
a. weekly Sales/Catering Department meetings
b. Saturday office coverage (if necessary)
9. Shows the clients the hotel facilities by giving tours of the property.
10. Meets budget and booking goals monthly.
11. Attends sales seminars and includes out of state seminars.
12. Entertains clients to solicit business by taking them to breakfast, lunch, dinner, entertainment, etc. Exercises discretion and judgment to ascertain viability of sales.
13. Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
14. Additional duties which you may be asked to perform.
1. Assists Kitchen by plating up food for functions.
2. Assists Banquet Department by setting rooms up according to requirements.