The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
Location: US - NY - New York
New York, NY, US 10065
This position will be responsible for managing relationships and growing transient business (leisure and corporate) from the Western and Southern Regions of the US, key local New York Consortia accounts, as well as vertical account management of the Entertainment and Diplomatic markets. The position will also be responsible for the following international markets: Middle East, Asia and Australia.
- Solicit new business by resourcefully expanding account base; identifying and developing new markets; creating and executing innovative plans and actions for assigned territories and market segments.
- Successfully manage account portfolio and territory coverage, managing and growing multiple segments per territory.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts to maintain and increase market share.
- Attract and pursue companies and organizations with hotel needs in order to negotiate corporate rate contracts. Retain established relationships with existing clientele.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Be able to negotiate profitable sales for the hotel from companies producing hotel room revenue
- Report progress on a daily basis.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to current and potential clients and use the internal resources at his/her disposal including business intelligence on the market.
- Represent The Pierre in a manner consistent with Taj Code of Conduct.
- Maintain an active outside sales call activity and site experience schedule with one-on-one appointment with new clients weekly.
- Initiate sales trip activity, which includes new account development and relationship building, while increasing awareness and driving revenues for the hotel.
- Ensure timely responses to leads with the expectation that all client inquiries within the US will be responded to within two hours.
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients through prompt and informative replies to inquiries, quality lead generation and providing thorough details on qualified accounts.
- Develop Territory Analysis Plans to target Top Accounts, Top Target Accounts, Top Geographical areas, Top Industries, etc.
- Prepare and deliver effective and differentiated sales presentations.
- Show initiative and resourcefulness in developing Suite Sale methods for increasing market share, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Stay abreast of competitor’s performance and offerings, including Group offers and need period promotions ensuring that The Pierre maintains and increase RevPAR positions. Review Group Shop results, STR , Reader board Services and Hoteligence 360 monthly reports.
- Support and comply Delphi best practices.
- 2 plus years of sales experience needed, luxury hotel experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Demonstrated a proven track record of success/strong performance in achieving RN or REV targets
- Established a loyal client following/strong reputation of luxury market expertise
- Knowledge of sales skills and ability to bring in revenue for the hotel
- Proven ability to work remote/highly self-motivated and organized
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and engaging personality
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and customers of the hotel
- Possess excellent guest service skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite