Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The Sales Manager is responsible for using independent judgment and professional discretion to book substantial, profitable business into the conference center, taking into consideration the needs of the conference center as well as those of the client. This position must be able to take the general pricing guidelines and booking patterns into consideration and make sound business decisions that will positively impact the hotel's revenue.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Responsibilities:
- Selling group rooms, servicing accounts, developing and following up on leads for assigned markets.
- Conduct effective sales programs in established group room markets by setting and achieving goals.
- Achieves sales goals.
- Develops and implements new/special market programs when needed.
- Evaluates potential business for existing and new markets.
- Communicates accurate information on in-house groups to help hotel associates service their needs most completely. Maintains daily contact with in-house groups.
- Anticipates (or reacts to) group problems and provides solutions.
- Maintains effective communication, with all necessary contacts, regarding group business, reports of conventions, copies of correspondence and memos.
- Develops and maintains owner relations, as it relates to business opportunities.
- Prepares specialized reports, as needed.
- Understands forecasting month end reports, assists in compiling reports when needed.
- Keeps abreast of budgeted revenue goals and assists in putting together plans and actions or originates and generates business when needed.
- Ensures that all guest checks, payments, master folios and advanced deposits are submitted to accounting; ensures that any other group information, which is necessary and/or helpful for successful convention business, is submitted to appropriate departments.
- Understands and works closely with Reservations Department to ensure target ceilings and rates are met.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote property.
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, hotel and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED plus one to two years experience in hotel and/or conference center sales; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities. Conference center experience preferred.
- Two to four years related experience.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently utilize a variety of computer programs, i.e., Word, Excel, MICROS, property management system, timekeeping system, etc.
Hotel Sales experience preferred.