Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Hilton Santa Clara is seeking a Sales Manager to handle the SMERFE market. Come join our great team and enjoy all the benefits of our exciting hotel environment! Be a part of one of the finest Santa Clara Four Diamond Hotels featuring 280 guestrooms located in the heart of the Silicon Valley. Located next to California's Great America Amusement Park, Levi's Stadium and Santa Clara Convention Center.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources.
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business. Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions. Determine the guest's needs, space availability, and meeting details.
- Make outside sales calls and telemarket to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations. Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Negotiate SMERFE rates with clients on an annual and on-going basis.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Follows up on the progress of clients booked, such as room night pick up, with the Front Desk Manager /Sales Coordinator to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
-Develops marketing strategies by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creates selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue
-Responsible for working with DOSM to develop annual Marketing Plan for the SMERFE Market
-Signs Room Block and Catering contracts based on company standards
-Responsible for negotiating contracts and the implementation and setups as required
-Maintains accurate sales records, data base and reports to provide history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects, through Delphi and other Hilton programs.
Candidate will be responsible for booking, soliciting and servicing the Social, Military, Educational, Religious, and Fraternal business accounts in accordance with the marketing plan. Generates a high profile and quality perception in the market place. Responsible for generating guest room and other revenues as described by the Director of Sales & Marketing. Also responsible for maximizing profitability and ensuring overall guest satisfaction.
- Must have at least 1-3 years' actual sales manager experience
- Must have strong computer skills
- Delphi knowledge is strongly preferred
- Specific experience in the hospitality industry with a focus on the Social, Military, Educational, Religious, Fraternal and Entertainment business is preferred
- A developed account contact base is desirable
- Must have a proven track record of developing long term business relationships and consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals. Requires the ability to consistently make cold calls, aggressively pursue new accounts.
- This position requires travel within and outside the region; attendance at various trade shows/events that may be held on weekends and/or evening periods is required.