Join one of the largest hotel teams in Edmonton at the DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton – where the little things mean everything! We have been recognized as an Employer of Choice by the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association for 2016!
Our friendly and attentive staff are dedicated to providing personalized service throughout our guest’s stay. We call it CARE (Create A Rewarding Experience).
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our Sales & Catering Team on a 1 year contract!!!
In the role of Sales Manager, you will lead the plans to maximize revenue, secure new business and grow existing relationships. This position liaises with all hotel departments to ensure consistent high level service is delivered to each guest.
Major Responsibilities and Duties (to fulfill major purpose):
- Effectively prospect and solicit new and repeat business
- Negotiate and prepare sales proposals and contract, understanding legal terms and conditions
- Meet or exceed monthly sales revenue and activity quotas
- Attend pre-event meetings to fully understand group needs
- Effectively manage customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs
- Manage existing client relationships while seeking new business for the hotel
- Strategize, plan, and execute local blitzes, trade shows, and/or client events
- Review sales & marketing action plan and coordinate activities connected with key market segments
- Provide input and ideas towards marketing and sales strategies
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; able to respond to and handle guest problems and complaints
- Attend networking and local community events acting as an ambassador for the hotel
- Accurately forecast group sleeping rooms and event revenue
- Other related duties as assigned
- Project a favourable image of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts to the public at all times
- Consistently demonstrates SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts values – Engagement, Quality, Performance, Growth, and Integrity