Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Hotel Sales Manager is responsible for representing the company to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Listen to customer needs, analyze this information and create tailored proposals. Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales targets. Impress customers with tailored proposals, quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Work with management throughout the hotel and the Company. Marriott systems knowledge preferred but not required: (CI/TY, Marsha, One Yield).
Comply with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Representative of the Company – As the representative of the Company and hotel, professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers. Knowledgeable on market, positioning of hotel, amenities and brand. Understand booking patterns, trends, high demand times, and events in the market. Convey a strong belief in the hotel and confidently discuss hotel features, services and advantages.
- Research, Identification & Sales Development – Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking. Research competing hotels and identify sales strategies. Understand and use industry reports like Star Reports, etc. Develop effective sales strategies to counter the competition. Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers. Research each customer’s business, hospitality needs, identify who to talk to and how to get sales closed. Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts. Research and identify new business opportunities for the hotel including reaching out to event planners and staying abreast of local events. Represent the Company at trade association meetings to promote hotel.
- Proactive and Creative Sales - Exercise creativity, discretion and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste. Give full attention to what customers are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate. Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer. Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems. Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building. Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business.
- Negotiate and Close Sales – Influence and convince customers to select the hotel for their hospitality needs. Negotiate terms and reconcile differences. Develop contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise. Recognize customers for loyalty and/or accept feedback. Identify and secure business to fit the yield strategy. Sell to fill need dates. Sell and upsell hotel services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Capture all profitable business. Attain/exceed sales goals and profitability. Directly responsible for achieving production numbers established by booking goals and outside sales activities. Communicate sales activities with peers and superiors.
- Account Management - Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers and others in the course of their event planning. After securing business, deliver a high level of customer service with key decision makers, solve customer problems, meet commitments, seek customer input and anticipate customer needs. As appropriate, meet the customer at the event, ensure proper event set-up and customer satisfaction. Take initiative to solve any problems by liaison with other hotel managers.
- Administration – Responsible for compilation of required sales reports and reporting process. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all sales and transactions. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Job Type: Full-time