Pyramid Hotel Group is committed to being the best and most desirable employer in the industry.
To achieve this goal, we recognize the importance of providing respect, support and rewards to all of our people. We seek motivated and enthusiastic team players to join Pyramid Hotel Group who believe in these same values.
Pyramid is comprised of a diverse group of individuals. Some of our people have worked together for many years; others have recently joined our team, bringing new insights and perspectives. Together we strive for excellence in every endeavor.
What makes working at Pyramid Hotel Group different?
- We pride ourselves on being agile, flexible and responsive. We provide all the internal resources of a large hotel chain without the burdens of bureaucracy.
- We provide outstanding leadership. Our principals, officers and managers are experienced team players. They are always accessible to our associates and provide exceptional support and development.
- We focus on Respect, Recognition and Rewards. We hold our associates accountable for their goals. In return we treat our people with respect, recognize excellence in job performance and reward achievement in meaningful ways.
The Hotel Viking opened to an awestruck public in May 1926. As a member of the prestigious Historic Hotels of America, our hotel in Newport holds a special place in history. Brimming with stories of famous dignitaries and celebrities, the Hotel Viking has offered gracious hospitality for over 90 years.
We are looking for a high performing Sales Manager to solicit and confirm profitable business for the Hotel Viking in assigned market areas while ensuring that groups receive excellent service resulting in repeat business and referrals.
- Solicit new business in market area (26+ Peak Rooms) through our account base, Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, NESAE, professional organizations, 3rd parties, direct sales, trade shows, publications and contacts generated through various sources. Confirm all business generated.
- Conduct outside sales calls.
- Negotiate contracts ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Continuously evaluate existing business to secure profitable repeat bookings.
- Respond to all inquiries /leads within 4 business hours. Follow up within 24 hours after proposal is generated. Create traces in Delphi for follow up calls.
- Meet or exceed personal revenue goals monthly and annually.
- Meet or exceed personal solicitation and maintenance contact goals monthly, quarterly, and annually. Track all contact activities in Delphi.
- Maintain accurate account information on assigned market segment.
- Correspond with clients in a timely and professional manner. Create accurate, detailed contracts and review them with clients to serve as written confirmation for clients and information for in-house operations. Ensure that any changes made to contracts are in writing and signed by the client and hotel management.
- Keep at the forefront the total profitability of hotel and evaluate all business in terms of revenue generated; as well as consideration to the displacement cost of a piece of business.
- Maintain an on-going relationship with clients from the solicitation stage to the post event follow-up. Introduce contacts to our key operational staff. When in-house, check with clients daily.
- Obtain signed contracts and addendums to contracts.
- Generate contracts in a timely fashion so as to meet all required deadlines.
- Work with your assigned Convention Services partner to ensure the client is aware of group pickup and upcoming cut off dates .
- Establish appropriate credit procedures at time of original booking and follow-up to ensure the information is received and submitted to accounting. Coordinate follow-up on any client billing concerns with Convention Services partner, accounting and client as needed.
- Follow up with clients upon completion of their functions to gauge satisfaction, address concerns, solicit future business and solidify the relationship.
- Conduct site tours for prospective clients.
- Utilize budgeted funds to entertain clients and purchase items such as client appreciation or solicitation gifts.
- Prepare a personal action calendar annually. Work the action calendar throughout the year to achieve all goals outlined.
- Prepare personal 30-60-90 day action plans.
- Represent the hotel in trade shows, maintaining high visibility and positive relations in relative business organizations.
· Be aware of industry trends by reviewing trade publications, shopping local competitors and attending networking functions.
· Attend hotel meetings to include the weekly staff meeting, departmental meetings and assigned preconvention meetings.
· Promote teamwork and remain flexible in the work environment.
· Maintain a positive image on behalf of the hotel while at work and in the community.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing/ Director of Group Sales.
· Minimum of 2 years of hotel sales experience required; preferably in an upscale and/or historic hotel.
· Exceptional sales skills.
· Ability to manage accounts.
· Ability to coordinate with other managers across functional areas.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
· Ability to occasionally travel for client visits, solicitation and/or training
· Ability to listen, speak and write in English to ascertain information and respond to clients
· Computer proficiency to include Internet, MSOffice and Delphi.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING ONLINE: