At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- This individual will assist the sales department with administrative tasks to complement their efforts in the efficient execution of all administrative duties, coordination of client needs as they relate to the sales process and participation in industry related functions.
- Strong background in clerical and administrative duties.
- Prior hotel experience is a must.
- Adaptability to a fluid work environment with a “can-do” attitude a must.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Basic computer skills required including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of SalePro is preferred
- Hotel reservation systems knowledge is helpful.
- Candidate must be organized and detail oriented.
- Individual must be able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Individual must be hard working and be willing to take the initiative in assisting sales managers.
- Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions, to make decisions without supervision and to prioritize tasks in order to meet appropriate deadlines.
- Maintain and create email blasts and constant contact account for sales department
- Create and edit memos, letters, and representations for the sales department
- Maintain lists of all vendors
- Design, create gifts for guest services and sales
- Conduct site tours and take incoming sales phone calls and inquiries
- Responsible for coordinating sales processes and customer relations ,
- Act as a reliable administrative support system for the Sales Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing
- Respond, generate and send leads, proposals and contracts to clients in a timely manner
- Assist with event qualifications, coordination and management
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Type all correspondence and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handle all phone calls in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Handle distribution of all incoming and outgoing paperwork promptly and efficiently.
- Professionally maintain all department files, reports and miscellaneous correspondences.
- Provide additional assistance to staff and customers as needed.
- Assist in the completion of any negotiating, selling, prospecting, booking and entering into SalesPro all or any portion of the booking which has been initiated by any person within the sales team.
- Track volume production for corporate accounts on monthly & quarterly basis.
- Additional projects as required by the DOSM or Sales Manager.
- Able to push, lift, pull up to 25 pounds.
- May work in other areas of the hotel if there is the need.
- Has honest, direct, and factual communication and actions with internal and external customers.
- Proactive in building supporting, nurturing, and service-oriented relationships with employees; works collaboratively to resolve problems and enhance productivity; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Conducts self with high level of ethics and makes decisions with honest intentions that are in the best interest of the company and employees. Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with a high level of integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Treats all employees with respect; without arrogance, degradation, or coercion; treats all employees with equal regardless of position/status.
- Constantly searches for best practices in technology, services, and procedures. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Highly detail-oriented, proficient with managing, editing, analyzing large volumes of complex numerical data.
- Considers others point of view to find the best solution for customer and company; proven ability to be flexible and adapt to change; adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays.
- Uses a professional, neutral/unbiased, and highly diplomatic inter-personal approach.
- Customer focused and effective relationship-building skills; ability to effectively interact with all employee levels; frontline, Managers, Directors, Executives;
- Strong commitment to diversity and equality in a company culture.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure in a fast paced environment; able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Must have minimum 2 years office experience assisting senior management in all clerical duties, preferably in the hotel industry.
- Recommended previous Hotel Sales & Marketing experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience in SalesPro helpful.
- Associate Degree in degree in business management or hospitality or related field or equivalent of 2 years relevant work experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS:
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance is critical.
- Hours occasionally exceed 40 hours per week.
- Ability to stand during shifts
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.