At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training within hotel sales and catering may be considered
- Applicants should have 3 - 5 years of experience in Catering and/or Group Sales
- Strong food, entertainment and hospitality knowledge along with proficiency of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Searches and maintaining a database are required
- Delphi sales and catering software experience required
- PMS software experience preferred
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business meets client needs and resolve complaints
- Ability to move throughout the hotel to conduct site tours on a needed basis
- They will handle all aspects of the assisting the Sales & Catering Department
- Qualified individual will have fluency in all Microsoft software applications
- Proficient Knowledge of Delphi sales & catering software required
- Proficient typing skill level required Extensive data entry including contracts & proposals will be required
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Coordinator should see the front desk manager first thing in the morning to securing show room keys
- Coordinators are responsible for answering their assigned manager’s phone and the general department phone; this is a crucial function of the position.
- Answer phones and field questions from potential clients.
- Send appropriate information to them.
- Forward appropriate leads to other Sales & Catering office staff.
- Sales Manager is never “in a meeting”- they are always with clients, including the lunch hour
- Coordinator should ask, “Is there something I can assist you with?” before transferring to voicemail. If you can answer the question, handle this situation accordingly.
- Route correspondence to designated departments i.e. contracts, addendums, and outgoing mail
- Build relationships with counterpart interdepartmentally, and with vendor partners
- Be familiar with booking pace, opportunity dates, group booking requirements, revenue perimeters and SOPs
- Check on in-house groups
- Proficient knowledge hotel budget and contracts
- Accurately complete daily, weekly, monthly reports
- Become proficient with all computer systems
- Office coverage along with other Sales and Catering staff
- Assist guests with menu selection, audio visual, entertainment, photographers, rentals, etc.
- Assist managers to devise strategies to drive business to our website through search engine rankings, Google, etc.
- Coordinate and execute sales plans and strategies to sell private birthday, team building, social and corporate events
- Coordinate use of prospect lists, mailing lists and email lists from Visit Orlando, Orlando, Inc., ISES, NACE, MPI, HSMAI, and other local business to execute direct mailing campaigns
- Coordinate and conduct site visits with Event Planners and Destination Management Companies to expand our base of people selling our property
- Encourage them to recommend our resort to their clients
- Coordinate details of all off-site events
- Monitor the content of free websites who list us as a birthday and event location without our input to be sure information is accurate
- Create content, menus and pricing for our website, eSuite and RESPOND templates, and printed collateral
- Monitor and continually update content with special private event pricing and new menus
- Communicate any urgent event changes to operations team and kitchen
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention
- Know meeting room sets and capabilities
- Meet and greet in-house guests upon arrival, review the course of events and introduce other staff members (banquet manager, captain, chef, etc.)
- Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO's are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- This position may be required to perform a combination of su