Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
A Sales Coordinator supports the function of the sales office and increases efficiency within the office. This position is designed to support not only the sales staff but to be a direct communication for inquiries and group contact needs.
* Supports through administrative tasks. This includes but is not limited to: entering group SRP’s, monitoring reports from PMS/Revenue Systems, calling for cut off dates and rooming lists and agendas for groups.
* Contributes to the implementation of at least two major local concentrated sales efforts involving hotel sales staff.
* Takes responsibility for daily administration of the Sales Office.
* Maintains thorough knowledge of the hotel’s Sales policies and procedures. Coordinates the effective utilization of policies and procedures throughout the sales department and all other departments in hotel.
* Assists Director of Sales with his/her daily duties as needed. Is familiar with and able to carry out the duties of the Director of Sales and/or the Catering Manager in case of absence.
* Meets with clients in the absence of the Director of Sales or Catering Sales Manager, Effectively and professionally conveys necessary fundamentals and details of the sale to the client.
* Composes and types routine correspondence, reports or contracts (to include banquet event orders, sales contracts, PACE report, statistical reports etc.) based on organizational practice, policies and procedures at the direction of the Director of Sales.
* Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO’s, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time.
* Maintains a filing system and files sales records, correspondence and other miscellaneous items.
* Is a member of various committees and attends various sales conferences/meetings. Relays beneficial information from meetings to Sales Department.
* Schedules appointments, travel arrangements, reservations and conference rooms for clients and/or members of the Sales Department.
* Coordinates necessary arrangements with vendors relating to sales. Establishes strong relationships with vendors to ensure maximization of hotel revenue.
* Answers the telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate sales personnel.
* Reads and routes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail related to Sales Department.
* Sends information to guests that inquire about the property. Works with clients to book Pool Parties and other small functions.
* Sends group room contracts to clients in a timely manner, and follows up to ensure that they are returned to the hotel on-time.
* Follows up with past client events by sending out surveys. Compiles Guest Surveys and distributes them to Department Heads.
* Posts advanced deposits / payment to group accounts.
* Creates Fliers, Mailers, Certificates, etc. to promote new business.
* Researches Internet Sites for possible Hotel link opportunities.
* Assists the Director of Sales in preparing reports for the Daily Revenue Meeting.
* Actively contributes to daily Sales and Revenue meetings, weekly sales meetings, weekly revenue meetings.
* Three to six months sales and/or clerical experience required. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
* must have some sales background and Marriott Experience
* High School or better
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS
* MICROSOFT OFFICE
* FAST PACED
* COMPUTER KEYBOARD
* Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
* Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
See job description