Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Location: US - AZ - Scottsdale
This position is designed to internally assist sales managers with their reactive and proactive efforts.
Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort recently opened 102 new guest rooms in June 2016, bringing the total number of rooms to 750. In conjunction with the guest room expansion, the resort is creating three dynamic new outdoor venues for groups: Sunset Beach, the Great Lawn and a new western town, Copper Canyon. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 25th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service to internal colleagues and clients mostly conducted via phone and email.
• Qualifies general inquiries by engaging with potential and existing clients via phone, and directs to appropriate sales person
• Responds to inquiries from customers in the absence of direct sales personnel by following direction of another sales manager.
• Escorts general inquiries on site inspections
• Has the opportunity to participate in the d.a.r.t. Referral Program by referring business to sister hotels and brands
• Ensures prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
• Maintains positive relationships with all guests, vendors, colleagues and global sales network via all forms of communication
• Has a complete knowledge of hotel's services and facilities
• Oversees communication to assigned key local accounts/programs
• Posts promotions to partner websites
• Assists with maintenance of account, contact, activity and business details within Opera Sales & Catering according to Fairmont standards
Prepares proposals, contracts, client communication letters, expense form, check request and invoices.
Coordinates site inspections notices and distributes to appropriate staff members.
Assists with restaurant, spa, golf, transportation and room reservations for group VIP’s and sales managers.
Coordinates all shipping and receiving on behalf of the Sales & Marketing team.
• Maintains current sales and promotional literature
• Updates convention bureau lists
• Coordinates the distribution of pertinent information to all pertinent departments within hotel
• Prepares and disseminates month-end reports
• Provides clerical duties as required (i.e. typing, filing, etc. to assigned sales colleagues)
• Attends daily “stand up” meeting and monthly sales meeting
• Coordinate amenity distribution
• Previous hotel experience is an asset
• Business School and/or Hotel School Diploma preferred
• Microsoft Office suite of software - literacy required
• Opera Sales & Catering and Opera Property Manager - experience re
• Ability to assume Key Operator responsibilities and operate all technological equipment in the office
• Past sales experience (internal or external) an asset
• Proven competency in the area of organization and communication skills
• Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/careers
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V