Assist Director of Sales, Sales Managers, and Catering Manager in obtaining customer satisfaction by performing clerical and administrative duties relating to guest and hotel communications through the sales team as well as light selling duties to small groups and functions.
Education & Experience:
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to type 55 wpm
- Proficient with Microsoft operating Systems, OnQ and Sales Pro Enterprise
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Possible weekends and Holidays based on business demands.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain Sales files in an organized fashion and as per specified standards.
- Maintain Accounts Coverage Program.
- Answer phones; qualify incoming inquiry calls and ensuring all inquiries are dealt with accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
- Type sales contracts, BEO's, correspondence, reports, forms, direct mail pieces, etc., as needed by sales team.
- Maintain file system to ensure office is organized and efficient.
- Maintain SalesPro Docs. ensuring consistent, accurate and working properly.
- Assist managers on creative projects including proposals, direct mail pieces, invitations, special events, etc.
- Maintain timely and effective paper flow and communication within department and to other departments.
- Maintain flow of sales contracts through proper distribution to client, team, and to appropriate dept. head.
- Quotes prices for meeting inquiries and works with Catering Manager/Reservations Manager to handle small groups of less than 10 rooms and small meetings of less than 10 people.
- Work with Catering Manager detailing upcoming functions as needed, obtain guarantees, confirm arrangements, etc.
- Distribute BEO's, Changes, Rooming Lists, Signed Contracts, Revisions, etc. to appropriate departments as it relates to meeting and groups.
- Assist guests and clients with small changes, requests, etc., and completes needed paperwork for Manager.
- Site inspections for the department as needed
- Enters group pickup in sales pro daily and enters preferred production in sales pro monthly.
- Maintain constant paper flow of thank you letters for groups/functions and distributes accordingly to departments and maintain in files.
- Monitor/Ordering of office supplies and sales collateral to ensure we are properly stocked at all times with full packets, collateral, supplies and promotional items.
- Call clients for guarantee numbers for functions 72 hours prior, creates/closes house accounts and complete AV order.
- Organize in house deliveries, amenities, welcome letters, transportation schedules, etc. as needed.
- Attend Sales Meetings and take minutes, type, and distribute accordingly.
- Other items as they relate to the Sales and Marketing effort of the hotel as well as any other items as needed by entire management staff.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality sales policies and house rules.
- Ensure employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Any other duties as required.