Hampton Inn & Suites Christiana
Location: US - DE - Newark
Newark, DE, US 19713
Organizes and coordinates various functions of the sales and marketing department. Generating reports, statistical data, faxes and its proper distribution is also the responsibility of this person.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Compose and produce all written correspondence, memos, sales literature and manuals.
• Generate and distribute various sales reports and statistical analysis as requested.
• Prepare and send faxes as necessary.
• Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
• Regulate appropriate copying and distribution of department’s correspondence.
• Screen and direct all incoming phone calls or walk-ins to appropriate person.
• Compile and maintain current client mailing list and contact details.
• Maintain office supplies inventories.
• Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities whenever required.
• Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan.
• Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Champion the use of HOST? - PM Hotel Group’s Signature Service Program for delivering aggressive hospitality to our guests and to our internal customers. Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and insures that appropriate action is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Provide a professional image at all times through appearance, dress, and behavior.
• Follow company policies and procedures and department SOP’s is able to effectively communicate them to others.
• Knowledgeable of hotel property, amenities, area attractions and transportation.
• Support all Hotels and/or Company initiated Guest and Associate Programs (i.e. Catch Me at My Best, Ollie Awards, Heart of the House Olympics, etc.)
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.