JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Sales Coordinator is to increasing room revenue by increasing production of existing special, corporate/travel agent/consortia accounts and groups in conjunction with the Sales Manager(s).
- Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing JHM Hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understands and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, gets medical attention if necessary and contacts the GM or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Handle Transient and Group activity.
- Develop action plans to solicit business.
- Develop relationships with key lead generating sources i.e., third parties, CVB, the sales organization.
- Conduct site visits and tours of hotel; entertain qualified clients. Attend client’s events and special third party events to build relationships and secure business leads.
- Find creative approaches to both attract and retain business.
- Use resources to research and find new and existing business.
- Be self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Know how to prepare unique client proposals for group programs.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Pursue opportunities in untapped Corporate Markets for Individual transient sales efforts - Travel Agencies, Wholesale segment focus
- Represent property at hotel, local and other special events. Participate in sales and marketing functions as needed.
- Compose and express thoughts in a clear and understandable way to ensure effective communications.
- Manage multiple activities often in stressful situations with strong organization skills.
- Possess the professional style and confidence to effectively represent the hotel and execute the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Keep organized files for all corporate and group acts
College degree preferred; High School Diploma and/or 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
OnQ knowledge is preferred.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All Applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
If you are interested in this position please fill out an application at the JHMHotels.com official website. Direct all resumes to Elizabeth.Alexander@hilton.com.