Pacifica Hotels is looking for a Sales Coordinator to join our team at The Redondo Beach Hotel. The Sales Coordinator will be responsible for promoting the hotel to group and business transient segments. We are looking for a Sales Coordinator that will promote a professional and positive image of the hotel and assist in increasing revenue by soliciting new business.
Experience Redondo's King Harbor with exceedingly brilliant marina views. Featuring 112 guest rooms and suites, our hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi, upscale bath amenities, comfy robes, and flat screen TVs. Enjoy on-site beach cruiser rentals for exploring the Strand, and take in a Pacific sunset on our spacious second floor terrace. Perfect for leisure and business travelers alike.
“I enjoy working with such a cohesive team at property level, while having the support I need at the corporate level. The culture of the company goes hand-in-hand with the genuine personalities you meet anywhere from our Executive Pacifica Corporate Team to our hard-working front-line associates at any Pacifica Hotel you step foot in!”
- Christine, Director of Sales
If you feel as though this posting is a ft to your skill set, please apply online at www.pacificahotels.com/careers
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
- Exceeding Guest Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention.
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Responsible for assisting in increasing revenues by soliciting new mid-week/week-end business, including food and beverage, banquet and meeting room sales on behalf of the hotels through:
- Directing solicitation calls to local business and prospective leads.
- Soliciting and qualify potential new accounts.
- Effectively service and grow existing accounts.
- Participating in industry and civic organizations representing opportunities for future public relations and new business.
- Provide Catering support when needed.
- Pursue, organize and book sleeping rooms and group business for the hotels.
- Promote a positive team environment for catering and sales support.
- Have ongoing knowledge of the competition's product and current marketing strategies.
- Communicate effectively with all hotel departments to ensure group arrangements are carried out as efficiently as possible.
- Promote a professional positive image of the hotels at all times through personal appearance, civic functions and general public relations.
- Provide adequate follow-up and solicit repeat bookings.
- Effectively document account information and group transactions into Goldmine.
- Respond promptly to all sales related inquires and correspondence from customers, prospects and lead referrals.
- Confirm group bookings, using availability and rate guidelines approved by the General Manager.
- Trace accounts for follow-up.
- Promote all Pacifica managed hotels when appropriate.
- Respond promptly to requests by the Operational Supervisor and Corporate Director of Sales for reports and other assignments.
- Other duties from time to time as assigned by General Manager and/or Director of Sales.
1. GROUP BUSINESS: Tour, SMERF, Corporate, Association and Government
2. FIT - Foreign Independent Travel (contracts approved by Pacifica Hotel Company)
Booking Objective: Specific goals to be established after 90 days.
- Minimum of one year hotel sales or front desk experience
- Strong English Skills
- Strong presentation, communication and organizational skills