Brea Embassy Suites
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Purpose for the Position:
Performs all duties of secretarial nature, including taking dictation, transcribing, typing, word-processing, making telephone and facsimile contacts, preparing correspondence and reports, an compiling data and statistics. Performs special assignments as required.
1. Takes dictation and transcribes stenographic notes of correspondence, reports and conferences. Prepares and types documents in draft and final form, including contracts, correspondence, forms, reports, charts and graphs. Assures correctness or work relevant to grammar, composition, spelling and format.
2. Contacts managerial and staff personnel for collection of data statistics, and reports. Performs follow-up work for reports and special projects.
3. Place, receive and screen telephone calls for Sales department using correct telephone etiquette and inquiry formats and scripts.
4. Establishes and maintains Sales Department records, correspondence, reports and other documents in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures. Includes proper tracking of files form different market segments; such as SMERF, Corporate, Travel Industry, Government/Military, etc.; the use of geographical and master accuracy of current files, and purging files no longer necessary.
5. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
* Understand principals relating to the product you are doing.
* Organize your own activities to make the best use of your time and effort.
* Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers or sellers, to discuss features of the products or services involved and convince the other person or both knowledge and integrity.
* Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to the customer.
* Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and seller.
* Keep accurate records of contracts, sales and purchases.
Physical Demands: Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
Reasoning, Mathematical and Language Development are indicative of the general level of development required to do this job. Some, but not necessarily all, areas mentioned in this section will be included in this job.
Reasoning Development: Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Mathematical Development: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission, markups and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights and measures.
Algebra: Calculate variables and formulas; monomials and polynomials; ration and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals.
Language Development: Reading: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
Writing: Write business letters, summaries, and reports, using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Speaking: Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Compiling: Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people, or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action In relation to the information is frequently involved.
People: Speaking: Talking with people to convey or exchange information. Includes giving assignments and/or directions.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tool, object or material.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job, or serving in other jobs.
ON-THE-Job, including sales and secretarial experience of at least two (2) years; hospitality sales experience preferred.
To do this job, you must have the following licenses or certifications before being hired:
To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: (If hiring someone into this position, this would be the minimum amount of experience and education that would be required in order for the incumbent to have a reasonable expectation for success.)
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., preferred, or an equivalent level of education and experience.