The Hotel GroupFounded in Edmonds, Washington in 1984 as a spirited venture in the hospitality industry, THG™ has grown into a leader in hotel ownership and management, operating more than 25 properties in 10 states. Our guiding principle of integrity leads us to respect client partners and encourage associates' growth. THG™ keeps potential in mind, judging prospective properties by what they can be, not what they are. Because of this drive, we have consistently made poorly performing hotels into market leaders and attracted the industry's finest people to our ranks along the way. As our legacy and success continue to grow we will maintain the core values of integrity, initiative, innovation, and inspiration that have brought THG™ thus far.
The Hilton Garden Inn Bothell, Washington looking for a qualified, motivated, detail and service-oriented Catering & Sales Manager to join our team.
Performs group & catering sales duties and aids in managing accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all SMERF group & catering revenue goals are achieved or exceeded. Coordinates the development and solicitation of business from all markets within catering, and SMERF group, to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable group & catering operation for the hotel. This position is responsible for booking SMERF group, catering events, creating banquet event orders, contracts and finalizing function details. In addition to catering duties, this person will also be responsible for coordinating all corporate, wedding and special event business.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY Essential Functions
1. Handle accounts details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and
documented. Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
2. Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
3. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Hotel.
4. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Hotel’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
5. Assist the supportive staff with the maintenance of sales files.
6. Other duties as assigned such as ordering amenities for meeting planners or VIP’s.
7. Increases visibility of the Hotel by actively participating in the community.
8. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of
9. Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
10. Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
11. At all times projects a favorable image of The Hotel Group & Hotel to the public.
12. Knowledge of a Hotel structure and how all departments interact.
13. Basic mathematical and calculator skills to prepare cost proposals.
14. Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints.
15. Ability to move throughout the Hotel to conduct site inspections.
16. Ability to listen, speak and write English to ascertain and respond to client needs.
17. Handle accounts details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
18. Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the Hotel and review competition reader boards to develop leads.
19. Travel out of town to solicit business.
20. Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
21. Represent Hotel at trade shows as specified by corporate trade show attendance guide. Set up exhibits involving bending, stooping, lifting and reading overhead.
The Hotel Group is a progressive company that offers competitive wages and benefits. Please visit the website to learn more about our company at www.thehotelgroup.com.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits:
* Paid Time Off
* Travel Benefits at other properties
* Opportunities for advancement to other THG properties such as Hilton, Marriott, Radisson, Holiday Inn & Sheraton
Please visit our web site to learn more about our company at www.thehotelgroup.com.