Sales Administrative Assistant - Hilton Worldwide (Based in the Carollton, TX office)
What will I be doing?
Duties include entering and sending group business opportunities to hotels, organizing property responses to RFPs, as well as telephone or e-mail follow up with hotel or customer to verify status of group business opportunities, assistance with preparation, distribution and updates of meeting space only group business opportunities, updating group business opportunities and status in the sales system, and providing customer assistance via phone and e-mail.
Other key priorities are listed below:
* Enter and send group business opportunities to hotel(s) as requested by the Hilton Direct Sales team
* Update database information in Global SFA (SPR(s) hit lists, group business opportunities updates and status including decisions, decision due dates, rates and group business opportunities status)
* Organize, prepare and categorize property responses
* Prepare availability and rate communications to customers
* Contact the property for status updates on outstanding group business opportunities as needed by SPR(s)
* Accurately maintain group business opportunities status in the Global SFA database
* Assist with the preparation, distribution and database updates of meeting space only group business opportunities, peak room nights and less as needed by SPR(s)
* Coordinate and complete special projects as requested and assigned
* Promptly answer telephone calls and greet callers with a positive and clear voice; listen to Team Members, customers and vendors to understand inquiries and requests
* Submit activity reports as assigned
* Prepare and format reporting from GSE, Market Vision or other business sources as requested
* Support the department on various projects and initiatives as assigned by Supervisor or other Hilton Direct Management Team Member
* Self-starter, well-organized, extremely detail-oriented and an assertive team player
* Willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
* Complete assignments on time or advise in advance of any delays
* Due to the confidential nature of the handling of proprietary hotel rate information, absolute discretion must be exercised with all documents and information
* Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
* Work well under pressure
* Effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Effectively interact with Team Members and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Degree/GED
- Experience providing Administrative support to multiple individuals
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, Access), and Internet Explorer
- Proficient in the use of database applications (data management and data entry)
- Excellent time management, organizational, coordination and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Able to effectively communicate while employing diplomacy with high level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and set appropriate trace systems to track projects and work
- Able to type fifty (50) words per minute (wpm)
- Ability to work overtime as needed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Associate's Degree
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in Group Sales
- Delphi experience and proficiency preferred
- Hospitality industry experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!