As a Sales Administrative Assistant, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through supporting and learning the daily operations of the Sales and Marketing department. As a member of the team, you will assist in selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities as directed by the Director of Sales.What you will be doing
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Be experienced working in a hotel, clerical or sales and have knowledge of the local area.
- Assists Director of Sales with his/her daily duties as needed. Is familiar with and able to carry out the duties of the Director of Sales and/or the Catering Manager in case of absence. Effectively and professionally conveys necessary fundamentals and details of the sale to the client. Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Sends information to guests that inquire about the property. Works with clients to book Pool Parties and other small functions. Sends group room contracts to clients in a timely manner, and follows up to ensure that they are returned to the hotel on-time.
- Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO’s, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time. Tracks Locally Negotiated Rates. Maintains a filing system and files sales records, correspondence and other miscellaneous items.
- Coordinates necessary arrangements with vendors relating to sales. Establishes strong relationships with vendors to ensure maximization of hotel revenue.
- Follows up with past client events by sending out surveys. Compiles Guest Surveys and distributes them to Department Heads.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or managementBenefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions