Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
Responsible for providing administrative support to the sales & catering team while being familiar with all aspects of the sales planning process. Assist in the organizing of meetings/events and act as a liaison with the hotel’s Department and Division Heads in planning internal DoubleTree Hotel meetings. Provides back up support to the Sales & Catering Team.
- Receive and respond to incoming telephone calls in accordance with DoubleTree Commerce and assist with overflow calls for Sales & Catering department
- Prepare accurate written correspondence including contracts, reports, banquet event orders, schedule of events, printed menus, and Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Delphi and E Mail.
- Maintain Delphi accounts, including traces, creating and updating bookings, manipulating events in the function diary and the preparation of Banquet Event Orders.
- Create all aspects of internal Hotel Meeting Program under the guidance of the General Manager and Sales & Catering Managers.
- Complete distribution of Catering correspondence to the hotel operating departments as required. Examples: Amenity Cards, Resumes and Banquet Events Orders for the groups
- Maintain the various Catering file systems, both electronic and paper, including Account Files, Program Evaluation Database, Master binders for Banquet Event Orders and Resumes.
- Operate a variety of electronic and manual office resources, including but not limited to laser printers, multi-function copy machines, fax machines, paging system, a bindery machine.
- Comply with DoubleTree Hotel standards for sales and catering, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and Executive Committee.
- Manage the social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Reconcile account invoices for groups and events
- Assist with Marketing promotions
- Periodically assist with front of house operations including greeting and directing guests, manning hospitality desks, and working with Banquets on ‘quick sets’ or teardowns.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- Maintain an inventory of all standard department supplies and printed materials, including but not limited to Catering Corporate and wedding packets, special menu cards and velum.
- In the absence of Catering Manager, assist clients and seek out solutions to requests in a friendly, caring and helpful manner.
- Perform all tasks in the absence of the Sales Manager.
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: College education preferred
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English Language.
- Previous secretarial, hotel, and/or related experience required.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask;
Must be able to type 40 wpm;
Required clerical responsibilities; typing, filing, faxing, Photocopying;
Able to handle a large volume of telephone calls in an efficient and courteous manner;
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet, and Delphi;
Food and Beverage knowledge is a plus;
Work well under pressure, requires multitasking and being a team player.
Detail oriented, well developed organizational skills and a strategic thinker.Requirements
- Athorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the catering, food & beverage and hospitality professions.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to negotiate, influence and sell professionals and/or prospective hotel guests.