Be a part of our team at both the Hampton Inn & Suites and Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Airdrie. Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales & Catering Coordinator has a combination of sales experience, along with solid administrative skills, is engaging, energetic and innovative. This individual should enjoy working in a relationship based, results-driven environment.
The Sales & Catering Coordinator duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Support direct sales effort through sales contract administration and client correspondence.
- Actively solicits and books catering business following hotel standards and booking guidelines to meet expected sales goals.
- Reactive and proactive sales, answer calls, qualify leads, respond to customer inquiries and manage client feedback process.
- Conduct site inspections, as required, and handle walk-ins.
- Quote and negotiate pricing within established parameters and close the sale.
- Maintain and adheres to booking guidelines.
- Send catering proposals with menus, quoting room rentals, food and beverage prices and any additional requirement needs.
- Detail function requirements accurately on Banquet Event Orders, ensuring client signs off on the function.
- Ensure that all sales and catering contracts are communicated to appropriate parties within set time frames.
- Organize and distribute all information to departments.
- Work with outside vendors for client needs licit and confirm with client, all information pertaining to the event
- Responsible to work with and supervise the hotel team on function room set up, tear down, and meal servicing.
- Contact client after scheduled functions to ensure satisfaction and to solicit repeat business.
- Responsible for attending hotel events.
- Participate at exhibitions, shows, promotional events, as required.
- Prepare client gifts, and sales packages, and assist in preparation of client events.
- Assist in annual sales & marketing plan preparation.
- Ensure that current and prospective databases and client files are maintained, current and accessible.
- Works closely with the Front Desk, Reservations, and other required departments to completely satisfy the requirements of the booking parties.
- Work with hotel team coordinating social media activities and postings
- Follows Company Policies & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years sales and catering experience
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Personable, engaging and comfortable in building relationships.
- Excellent computer knowledge in windows; word, excel, Delphi experience an asset but not required.
For interested candidates, we invite you to send your covering letter and resume to the General Manager.
No phone calls please.