Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
- Experience in LightSpeed and Isac, highly desirable
- Be experienced working in a hotel, clerical or sales and have knowledge of the local area.
- Effectively and professionally conveys necessary fundamentals and details of the sale to the client. Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Sends information to guests that inquire about the property. Works with clients to book small functions. Sends group room contracts to clients in a timely manner, and follows up to ensure that they are returned to the hotel on-time.
- Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO’s, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time. Tracks Locally Negotiated Rates. Maintains a filing system and files sales records, correspondence and other miscellaneous items.
- Follows up with past client events by sending out surveys. Compiles Guest Surveys and distributes them to Department Heads.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better in Hospitality Management.
1 year: Hotel Sales
2 years: Hotel Administrative Experience
Licenses & Certifications