Arcadia Embassy Suites
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Great opportunity at newly renovated hotel!
Embassy Suites Arcadia is proud to unveil a whole new look! From our guest suites, atrium, lobby to our exquisite Meeting and Banquet space. Designed with you in mind, our vibrant transformation features contemporary furnishings and more room to relax! Embassy Suites already leads the way of all-suites full service hotels with its three pillars: two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and complimentary evening reception! Come work for the leading brand today!
Passionate about hospitality? Customer-service oriented? Want a career and not just a job? We want to hear from you and meet you right away!
Of course, as in any other career there are requirements (these are not the only requirements or a detailed job description):
- Availability (open to mornings, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends)
- Customer-Service driven.....AGAIN Customer-Service driven (this is VERY important)
- Outside-the-box thinker
- Team player
- Proven record of excellent attendance
- Proven record of steady job history
- Open to training and development
- Cashier/money-handling experience, if applicable
- Able and willing to stand for long periods of time if needed
- Experience in a 3-4 star hotel desired
WCG/Embassy Suites Arcadia offers many benefits including: On-Shift Employee Meal, Paid Time Off, Paid Time Off Sellback (yes, you can sell your unused vacation back to the company!), Paid Sick Time, Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) & Other Supplemental Benefits, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Hilton Team Member Travel Program, LifeMart discounts, and others!** The Position
Purpose for the Position:
Performs all duties of secretarial nature, including taking dictation, transcribing, typing, word-processing, making telephone and facsimile contacts, preparing correspondence and reports, an compiling data and statistics. Performs special assignments as required.
To manage, coordinate and record (or “book”) the catering activity of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of catering and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
1. Takes dictation and transcribes stenographic notes of correspondence, reports and conferences. Prepares and types documents in draft and final form, including contracts, correspondence, forms, reports, charts and graphs. Assures correctness or work relevant to grammar, composition, spelling and format.
2. Contacts managerial and staff personnel for collection of data statistics, and reports. Performs follow-up work for reports and special projects.
3. Place, receive and screen telephone calls for Sales department using correct telephone etiquette and inquiry formats and scripts.
4. Establishes and maintains Sales Department records, correspondence, reports and other documents in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures. Includes proper tracking of files form different market segments; such as SMERF, Corporate, Travel Industry, Government/Military, etc.; the use of geographical and master accuracy of current files, and purging files no longer necessary.
5. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
1. Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce Food & Beverage Sales, Banquet Catering/Banquet Sales, and Suite Sales.
2. Solicits business in specific market segments as directed by Director of Catering.
3. Schedules conventions and business group activities at the hotels.
4. Maintains liaison with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the catering office and prospective clients.
5. Maintains good rapport with area community and other local civic groups and companies.
6. Develops and maintains files to include: chronological account files as directed, preparation of scheduled bookings, dissemination of event information to all appropriate departments, and record event information for catering system control purposes.
7. develops, implements, and assists with catering, sales and marketing strategies, including development of relevant action plans.
8. Assist with clerical work of the department; including customer correspondence, function sheets, event schedules, reports and special projects.
9. Performs special projects and assignments as directed.
10. Interface daily with kitchen and banquet departments regarding specific client needs.
11. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
* Understand principals relating to the product you are doing.
* Organize your own activities to make the best use of your time and effort.
* Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers or sellers, to discuss features of the products or services involved and convince the other person or both knowledge and integrity.
* Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to the customer.
* Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and seller.
* Keep accurate records of contracts, sales and purchases.
* Originate and carry out catering campaigns.
* Work well under pressure; sensitive to tight or short time requirements.
* Speak and write clearly and convincingly, and have excellent telephone skills.
* Have working knowledge of room set-ups, including audio/visual equipment.
* Have working knowledge of menu pricing and custom menu design.
* Work with all kinds of people.
* Plan the work of others.
Education and experience:
On-The-Job, and over 2 years hospitality experience preferred, including meeting planning and word/excel/outlook processing.
To do this job, you should have the following amount of total education and/or experience:
Associate’s Degree preferred, OR an equivalent level of education and experience.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job, or serving in other jobs.
Schedule may change according to business needs. Incumbent must be willing to be flexible and available for such schedule changes.
Position is currently full time (between 30-40 hours) per week depending on business needs. This status may change at any time with or without notice.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by WCG, Inc. from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Windsor Capital Group, Inc. rules and standards.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS: Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization. WCG accepts all employment applications online and via paper application. For a paper application in English please visit the hotel at 211 East Huntington Dr., Arcadia, CA 91006.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
View the 2017 Federal and State Employer Postings HERE
View the 2017 Federal and State Employer Postings-Continued HERE
Vacancies may change at any time and without notice. For more information call