Hilton Woodland Hills / Los Angeles
Location: US - CA - Woodland Hills
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized. Maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to Guests.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent stressful, emergency, or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble linens, tables, china, flatware, and glassware to restaurant standards.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to transport food and beverage to Guests.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- Table, seat, and station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
- Correct maintenance and use of food and beverage serving/preparation equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- Check quality and quantity of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
- Fold napkins, per restaurant standards.
- Retrieve all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to dining room.
- Set tables according to service standards.
- Set up all condiments (butter, bread, sugar, etc.) and beverages according to service standards.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all flatware, glassware and china for service.
- Ensure cleanliness and condition of restaurant, assigned station and service areas.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Clear each course following restaurant procedures.
- Remove soiled wares from tables and transport to dish washing areas.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with standards.
- As needed, assist server in serving all courses and beverage items to the guest.
- Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guest, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after Guest departs.
- Complete closing duties, such as:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Clean all equipment as assigned.
- Restock items for next service.
- Remove all dirty linen.
- Stock all condiments
- Reset tables for next meal periods.
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Frequently on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Frequently. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Frequently.
LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally.
REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
PUSHING/PULLING: Occasionally. Using the bin for ice.
LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently lifting/moving up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 35 pounds.
SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to speak to others in person and on the telephone.
HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to listen to others in person and on the telephone.
VISION: Constantly required to see up close and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally required to see distances.
The Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
PreferredCustomer Service Intermediate Behaviors
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
High School or better.Experience
Previous Busser experience/F&B a plus
Licenses & Certifications