At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- High School Education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be eighteen years of age (To serve alcohol).
- Present a positive, professional image.
- Must be self-motivated and customer service oriented.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Serves drinks, meal items and other pre-meal or meal items to guests
- Ensures all needed floor service items are stocked and ready for service.
- Helps remove soiled dishes from table; brings to dish washing area.
- Carry food trays to tables using the correct seat positions on the ticket.
- Place entrée to the correct seat positions accordingly, serving the women first.
- Helps set tables with silverware, glassware and other items.
- Assist in polishing silverware before and after shifts.
- Helps maintain a clean dining room areas.
- Assist in restocking station continually with ice, coffee, teas and other supplies.
- Collects trash from dining room and other specified places
- Maintains cleanliness of all dining and patio areas.
- Storing equipment and materials properly and in the correct areas.
- Ensure that all storerooms and equipment storage areas are orderly and clean.
- Able to set up items that may weigh up to 50 lbs, chairs, glasses, china and any other items requested.
- Inspect equipment for defects, cleanliness, or any maintenance that needs to be completed and report to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Position is in busy and must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, crawl, and walk.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment can range from low/moderate to loud.