• Maintains current knowledge of all popular alcoholic beverages and cocktail recipes
• Prepares all necessary mixers and garnishes prior to start of service and during shift as needed
• Sets up bar service area with all necessary glassware and supplies prior to start of service "Mise en Place"
• Cleans and restocks glassware throughout shift
• Greets guests in a polite professional manner according to Loews standards
• Determines guests needs and suggestively up-sells beverages so as to enhance the guest experience
• Records all aspects of guest order accurately and enters them into computer
• Prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to order upon request
• Serves guests in a polite, professional manner according to Loews Standards
• Monitors guest to prevent over indulgence and ensure safety
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of bar service area at all times
• Prepares and presents accurate record of guest charges
• Collects monies due and or applies charges to guest account using POS terminal
• Completes end of shift revenue report and cash deposit
• Inventories all beverages and operating supplies, orders replacement items as needed
• Performs all closing duties, secures all inventory and supplies
• Other duties as assigned
• Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
• Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
• Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
• Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
• Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
• Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
• Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
• Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
• Recycles whenever possible
• Remains current with hotel information and changes
• Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
• High School diploma or equivalent
• One + years experience as Bartender in a high volume, upscale Hotel or free standing Lounge environment
• Thorough knowledge of Alcoholic Beverages, Cocktail; recipes, preparation methods, glassware, equipment and service
• Certification of training in Responsible Vendor requirements or ability to obtain same
• Exceptional guest service skills
• Basic computer and cash handling skills
• Ability to stand stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift
• Ability to work flexible schedule to include nights weekends and holidays
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Understands and can speak to the history of Rum/Rhum.
• Knows the differences between rum/rhum types and their distillation process.
• Is the face of the Rum Experience as defined in our concept description.
• Can create cocktails “in the moment” using flavor profiles and available ingredients.
• Assists in the development of beverage menus.
• Is up to date on trends in beverage alcohol with an emphasis on rum/rhum
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V