Rowe Bar Bartender
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Bartender to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
We seek genuine individuals; people who are able to engage and delight our guests. We invest in training and development opportunities for all Team Members so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all Team Members to reach their potential as professionals. We promote social responsibility by being a good neighbor in the communities in which we reside. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
Our mission is to safeguard the integrity of the recruitment and selection process, by continually improving standards, to prompt one defining characteristic: the willingness and commitment to offer comfort, care and everything we have in us to all who come through our doors all so our guests can relax, explore and flourish.
The Bartender position will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Food & Beverage Department to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression. The candidate will be responsible for set-up, mixing of drinks, service and cleanup of the bar area while enduring quality service, guest satisfaction and the achievement/maintenance of IHC standards and profit maximization.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Make and serve drinks to guests and cocktail servers following established guidelines, procedures and policies regarding beverage and safety controls as prescribed by IHC standards.
- Perform all guest contact activities in a cordial, efficient and professional manner; maintaining a commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Ring guest checks; collect cash and process credits and room charges in the exact manner outlined by IHC policies and procedures.
- Complete liquor requisitions and supply lists.
- Know and comply with state liquor laws.
- Ensure established pars are maintained.
- Perform all side work duties according to side work schedules.
- Regular attendance in conformance with standards.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel.
- Required to attend all training sessions and meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to read, speak and write English
- Candidate must accurately count cash and operate a cash register.
- Previous experience in Micros preferred.
- Lift up to 36 pounds.
- One-year bartending experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V