The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
Job OverviewThe Room Operations Intern will participate in a 12-14 week rotational program encompassing Front Office and Housekeeping. This program is for Hospitality Majors looking to advance in an industry that exposes them to the places, people and practices that sets the foundation for success throughout their careers.Essential Functions
- Obtain an overall understanding of the hospitality industry
- Learn the company’s quality standards
- Become familiarized with the day to day operations
- Understand the basic functions of various departments that play a key role in the divisions’ success.
- Gr e ets and welcomes guests upon arrival
- Registers guests into computer system, verifying registration, address and credit information
- Accepts payment for guests’ accountants at the time of registration and check out
- Maintains accurate records of room availability
- Responsible for key control
- Contacts appropriate party, if necessary, when a guest problem is reported
- Answers incoming guests calls and transfers appropriately
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Maintains cleanliness of resort property. Cleans guest rooms, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas
- Cleans and sanitizes all designated areas to Resort standards
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment
- Keeps housekeeping caddy clean, stocked and orderly at all times
- Dusts and polish furniture and equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned in the areas of Front Office and Housekeeping
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.