Rooms Division Manager
Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel
Location: CA - AB - Edmonton
Edmonton, AB, CA T5J 1E2
Rooms Division Manager
Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel by APA, Edmonton, Alberta
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values and leadership accountability; and as part of that culture we believe in the growth and development of our Ambassadors. The Rooms Division Manager will oversee and ensure effective management of the Rooms Division (Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Maintenance), while ensuring alignment with Coast Hotels’ long-term strategy. This Ambassador will ensure the continued growth and development of the Rooms’ Division team and to maximize operational efficiencies, customer service, and profitability at Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel by APA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Leadership – Taking the company into the future, defining its direction, establishing goals, adapting to external factors, seeking opportunities for growth and/or improvements, anticipating requirements, and managing change.
- Creates and implements a departmental plan and measurable objectives for the Rooms Division that supports the Company’s overall strategy
- Communicates goals to others, including team members, Leaders, and Ambassadors
- Attends industry and/or professional events or conferences to maintain industry/professional knowledge and network with industry peers
- Operational Leadership – Putting in place the systems, structures, and disciplined practices required to manage results. This includes planning and prioritizing, providing clear direction, ensuring accountability, and monitoring the achievement of financial, quality, safety, and other key business measures.
- Understands what is going on in the operation, forecasts and proactively addresses needs and situations
- Adheres to departmental budgets and prioritizes resource allocations appropriately
- Focuses on short and long-term priorities, maintaining a big picture perspective
- Ensures departmental compliance to relevant legislation and regulations (i.e., WCB, employment standards, collective agreements)
- People & Culture Leadership – Connecting with and engaging Ambassadors in their work, and ensuring that Ambassadors feel recognized and valued. Creating a work environment based on Coast’s Values. Responsible for building a team with the right people in the right roles and managing performance.
- Provides formal and information recognition to acknowledge the demonstration of excellent performance and/or adherence to the Coast Values; creates opportunities for team celebrations
- Effectively manages performance of the Rooms Division team using the performance management process, providing regular positive and constructive feedback to team members to support high performance
- Creates an environment that is motivating and engaging
- Guest & Community Leadership - To lead service excellence in line with the Coast Values and brand, and to maintain a positive reputation through community contribution.
- Lives the Coast Values and reflects the brand in the community; fosters a positive image of Coast in the community
- Other projects as required
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Hospitality, Hotel Management or Business Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of related work experience, plus 3 years of experience leading and managing others
- Exceptional communication skills for the purpose of presenting information to Ambassadors, guests, vendors, management and other Leaders
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong problem resolution skills and conflict resolution skills to resolve issues within a functional area and / or across functional areas
- Possesses proven technical and operational knowledge of the hospitality sector generally and the Rooms functional area more specifically
- Advanced level in the use of MS Office Suite and reservations system software
- Demonstrates superior customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people
- Experience dealing with fast-paced customer-service environments
- Experience forecasting and budgeting for a functional area within a property
- Understanding of legislation and regulations (i.e., WCB, employment standards, collective agreement) as they apply to own area.
- Experience in discussing performance issues with team members and providing direct and honest feedback when discussing career advancement and leading performance expectations
- Willing to relocate
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!