The Town and Country San Diego is located in the heart of San Diego's Mission Valley, where nostalgic charm mixes with modern amenities to create one-of-a-kind experiences. From sparkling swimming pools and numerous dining options, to boutique-style guest rooms and well-equipped meeting spaces, our hotel in San Diego, CA, delights in the best of everything to meet, swim, and stay. A landmark hotel in San Diego, CA for over 60 years, the new Town and Country is a modern expression of the 1960's Southern California vibe, relaxed, playful and connected, with service that is engaging, approachable yet unobtrusive, where everyone feels welcome.
Job OverviewRooms control and coordination. Strong understanding of Opera to coordinate guest room assignments in order to maximize room revenue and efficiencies based on guest arrival and departure patterns.
Serve as Guest Service Ambassador for the front office to ensure proper procedures are being followed. Provide professional and constructive feedback to associates, as well as praise and recognition for excellent performance. Suggest training topics when necessary and assist with guest issues to ensure guest satisfaction.
Provides courteous, professional, effective and efficient services to internal or external callers/guests by utilizing hotel telephone system, multiple computer software, company resources and any new technology company chooses to adopt to fulfill requests, answer questions and provide solution to problems for guest satisfaction and follow up.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of HotSOS to maximize proper usage of the program in accordance with hotel standards and guest request resolution.Essential Functions
- Block rooms in coordination with group reservations coordinator. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Review out-of-order and out of service rooms daily. Monitor system and balance rooms accordingly.
- Coordinate group master listing special requests/instructions of the group contact with the GRC.
- Review/Track/Accommodate requests for room/check-out changes when possible; communicate status to appropriate staff.
- Perform duplicate reservation checks. Coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups with group reservations.
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative in resolving guest complaints and creating loyalty.
- Train and review policies and procedures with new hires and current associates to ensure consistency in both knowledge and skill levels.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests as needed. Secure valid payment. Identify any over-commitments.
- Run daily reports. Ensure associates are running the bucket and rate check reports daily. Confirm rates match market codes and document exceptions.
- Multi-task at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Supervise/responsible for the training of all PBX associates and motivate them to perform their jobs effectively and positively.
- Ensure all guest requests are documented, responded to quickly, and that the associate completing the request or delivery “closes the loop” with the requester.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules