A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Implements the hotel's appropriate booking strategies to ensure all parties are appropriately accommodated. Works closely with departments such as Front Office, Engineering, Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping and Revenue Management regarding the distribution and status of guest rooms. Registers guests, providing them with room keys and pertinent information about the available amenities, such as Spa facilities, business center and events taking place at the property. Resolves guest concerns and provides professional service to gain high level of guest confidence and satisfaction. Seeks opportunities to maximize revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Keeps track of all rooms inventory. Maintains complete knowledge of every room offered at a facility, including standard rooms, junior suites and luxury suites. Ensures inventory across Property Management System, Revenue Management System and Reservations System are in balance and take corrective action in the event of variances. Monitors room category and bedding availability, up to three days in advance, in order to prevent overbooking. Monitors rollaway, microwave and other amenity requests up to seven days in advance in order to ensure availability. Ensures accurate billing is completed. Checks for duplicate reservations to maximize profitability and customer service.
- Manage Out of Order and Out of Service room's inventory by checking status on a daily basis and following up with departments such as Housekeeping, Engineering, and Front Desk and updating Revenue Management team. Verifies accuracy of status and dates.
- Works with Housekeeping to ensure room readiness, communicate special requests and clear departures. Monitors arrivals to ensure rooms are ready by check in time
- Block early arrivals, special needs guests, & VIP's prior to their arrival. Blocks VIPs into upgraded room types while allocating the proper number of rooms to be reserved for upgrades performed by the front desk that generate revenue.
- Reviews/Tracks/Accommodates requests for room/check-out changes when possible and communicates status to appropriate Team Members or departments. Orchestrates room moves, communicates and expedites guests waiting for rooms. Ensures special reservations and accommodations are handled properly, without errors.
- Reviews all group resumes and ensures all appropriate information is communicated to other Team Members. Blocks group rooms, daily rooms and special request rooms. Confers with all appropriate management regarding handling of groups, unusual circumstances, or special requests. Organizes and coordinates check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, some of who may require a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collects accurate information and resolves conflicts. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems, potential safety issues, or unusual situations so prompt corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments to fulfill guest needs.
- Utilizes property's computer to enter and track required data into systems. Runs daily and periodic reports. Performs all guest accounting functions according to hotel procedure to ensure all guest and house accounts are completed and accurate. Collects hotel revenue by entering services and charges, computing bills and obtaining payments. Runs all necessary reports and balances paperwork. Maintains accuracy of cash banks. Balances funds and provides change.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Performs job of Guest Services Agent during peak times or as needed. Responsibilities include welcoming guests in an enthusiastic and professional manner. Answers questions and responds to requests. Provides information about hotel and hotel amenities. Registers hotel guest by obtaining or confirming room requirements, verifying pre-registration, assigning rooms, obtaining information and signatures. Issues door key cards. Establishes guest credit by verifying credit cards or obtaining cash. Seeks opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Receives and responds to incoming telephone calls from the public and guests. Receives and processes telephone and walk-in reservations accurately to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions as instructed. Actively participates in required briefings and meetings.
- Remains aware of guest satisfaction scores and works toward increasing overall guest satisfaction.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Guest service or customer service experience desired.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires basic computer skills to enter data, read, and interpret information.
- Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests. Proficiency in another language a plus.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include wor king on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the Team Member regularly stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the Team Member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.