Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
The main purposes of the Room Controller is the correct and appropriate check-in and checks out of guests and provide services to these guests in a courteous and professional manner. The Room Controller also needs to be familiar with the AM and PM Front Desk check lists.Responsibilities
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in policies and procedures
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check out policies and procedures
- To be familiar with guests scenarios
- To be familiar with all technical equipment related to the Front Desk
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities
- To be familiar with general organization set up
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different department
- Must be able to train new associates
- To be familiar with all room types
- Attain a high propensity for customer service.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Previous hotel experience required, preferably in a luxury hotel brand.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends/holidays/overnight
- Computer Skills (Synergy, Nucleus, Epitome, Vision, GoConcierge, Microsoft Office)
- Must have exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must reside within 50 miles of the hotel
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.