Pre-blocks rooms for all VIP, Loews First, Guest History, and special request arrivals. Notifies Housekeeping of special requests, late checkouts, room changes, and day-use rooms. Assists Guest Service Agents with all room changes, ensuring accurate status of all rooms. Attends to daily due-outs as well as all skips and sleeps, clearing system prior to end of each shift. Prints department reports. Answers Guest Services telephones. Assists at Front Desk by checking guests in and out during peak arrival and departure periods.
* Basic knowledge of all hotel operations
* High school diploma or GED
* 2 years experience at a comparable quality property preferred in the role of a Rooms Controller or Supervisor
* Ability to perform basic math functions without the use of a calculator
* Excellent communication skills oral and written
* Excellent guest service skills
* Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced work environment
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented
* Knowledge and comfort of computer programs
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V