The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
Job OverviewThis position supervises and oversees the performance of all Room Service staff, ensuring that all procedures are completed to established standards. The Captain also assists the Room Service team as necessary, ensuring optimum service for guests.Essential Functions
- Monitor staff performance in all phases of service to ensure that all procedures are carried out to department standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items available to Room Service
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness
- Complete requisition for additional supplies needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Two or more years’ experience as Room Service Captain in a high volume hotel preferred
- “TIPS” or equivalent certification
- Effective leadership, management, and guest service skills