Room Inspector - Full Time
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
The Country Inn & Suites is looking for fun, energetic and talented individuals savvy in the art of customer service to join our team. This hotel will be renovated to a modern and unique Courtyard by Marriott this year and we are searching for our superstar team to assist our guests through this process.
The purpose of a ROOM INSPECTOR is to inspect guest rooms after room attendants have fully cleaned them to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Inspect the cleaning of guest rooms to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
* Work with and train room attendants to ensure daily tasks are completed timely and accurately.
* In the event that rooms do not meet quality standards, room attendant should be sent back to correct any issues and room will not be released until it meets standards of cleanliness and brand requirements.
* Inspect housekeeping carts and closets to ensure that they are properly stocked.
* Ensure Loyalty Program Members’ rooms are ready and inspected prior to check-in time and ensure proper amenities are delivered.
* Work with house porters to maintain cleanliness of glass doors and windows through the assigned building
* Ensure cleanliness of all trash chute rooms by delegating daily assigned work to house porter.
* Maintain cleanliness of hotel hallways, stairwells and elevators (vacuum/carpet exaction).
* Support room attendants by cleaning and stripping guest rooms as needed
* Communicate with the Front Office staff of any housekeeping delays or issues and make necessary changes to room status.
* Fill out work order tickets as needed and ensure unacceptable rooms are not released back to inventory until items are addressed
* Ensure lines of communication are open with the house porter.
* Ensure work area is clean when finished.
* Maintain daily paperwork.
* Perform open and closing procedures for the Housekeeping department in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper and/or Housekeeping Supervisor.
* Provides support to Executive Housekeeper in the delivery of incentives and programs that promote positive associate relations.
* Provides support to Executive Housekeeper to ensure that guest satisfaction scores meet or exceed brand benchmarks.
* Maintain regular attendance, be consistently on time, and observe prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 to 6 months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The work environment normally entails the following:
* Indoor work environment
* Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
* Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observes and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
* Stand more than 2/3 of the time
* Walk more than 2/3 of the time
* Sit less than 1/3 of the time
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 1/3 of the time
* Talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time
* Lift up to 50 pounds.
* Push / pull up to 50 pounds.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.