A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: To maintain cleanliness of all spaces within the hotel.
- Make beds in guest rooms.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, writing supplies and bathroom supplies in guest rooms.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker
- rooms and other work areas
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies, using vacuum cleaner.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Polish metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Wash walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empty wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays
- Transport trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently following a simple routine.
- Ability to perform repetitive actions consistently.
HS Diploma or equivalent