Northwood Hospitality is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northwood Investors, a privately-held real estate investment advisor founded in 2006. We currently own and operate seven properties -- The Naples Grande Beach Resort in Naples, Cheeca Lodge & Spa in Islamorada, FL, Tranquility Bay Resort in Marathon, FL and The London West Hollywood - and we plan to grow. We seek team members who share our values:
- We enjoy the thrill of competition against other hospitality companies; we believe competition pushes us to do our best and allows us to measure our progress
- We enjoy helping people by creating memorable experiences that both leisure and business guests will go out of their way to come back for
- We believe in efficiency and sustainability in our operations, so we can grow a stable, secure business with minimal environmental impact
- We do everything with a sense of humor and an enjoyment of life
If this sounds like you, we look forward to the opportunity to meet you.
I. Job Summary
Housekeeping room attendant is responsible for providing a clean room product and maintaining a sense of urgency in handling all related matters. Employee will deliver world-class level of service.
II. Job Responsibilities
* Attend team briefings.
* Greet all guests with a smile and hello.
* Anticipate the needs of guests.
* Ensure confidentiality of hotel guests.
* Follow proper procedures for entry into guest rooms.
* Accommodate guest requests for housekeeping items or additional supplies expediently and courteously. Follow up on delivery and return of all such items.
* Monitor and handle guest complaints following guest services training procedures and ensure guest satisfaction, immediately reporting any complaints to the supervisor.
* Ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
* Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
* Clean guest rooms by category of priority or as directed in line up.
* Service assigned guest rooms.
* Replace tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
* Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled or damaged ones.
* Remove dirty bed linens and make bed with clean linens.
* Replace laundry bags and slips.
* Remove items left by guests from closets and dressers.
* Dust inside closets, polish all furniture, clean all appliances and lamps.
* Ensure proper working order of all lamps, radios and other appliances.
* Realign furniture to floor plan.
* Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
* Inspect condition of all furniture and report any damages to the team leader.
* Set correct time on clock; correct TV channel.
* Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry.
* Inspect condition of amenities on desk, drawers and guest service directory; replace as needed.
* Remove trash, debris and cobwebs from balcony or patio. Inspect condition of plants; remove debris.
* Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from entrance door.
* Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards and "Privacy" sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.
* Remove dust, dirt and smudges from A/C unit, vents, grids and thermostat. Set thermostat to 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Remove dust, stains and marks from all baseboards, ledges and corners.
* Vacuum carpet and spray air freshener in guest rooms as well as under the bed and around in the corridor.
* Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet and on the phone by dialing "*81."
* At end of the shift, return and restock cart.
* Empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum.
* Ensure security of any assigned keys.
* Know, comply with and enforce all hotel and departmental standards, policies and procedures.
* Promote and support effective departmental and hotel communication through the use of phones, voice-mail, pagers, radios, written correspondence and verbal communication. Respond to all pages and messages promptly.
* Turn over any lost and found items to office coordinator.
* Promote and maintain effective, confidential, secure record keeping
* Maintain complete working knowledge of:
* V.I.P.'s, scheduled in-house group names, background, activities, locations and times as well as special requests/arrangements
* Correct use and maintenance of equipment
* All department policies and service procedures
Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED preferred
Skills and Experience (Essential)
* 18 years of age
* Valid US State Driver's license or an international driver's license.
* Housekeeping experience
* Communicate in English with guests, management, staff, and co-workers to their understanding
* Knowledge of effective organizational practices
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Skills and Experience (Preferred)
* Housekeeping experience preferably at a four-star property
* Fluency in Spanish
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled