The Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina is a sophisticated meeting destination ideally situated near Research Triangle Park (RTP) and the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Secluded on 30 acres of lush wooded landscape, the environment and architecture of the Center inspires creative thinking and encourages fresh perspectives. We foster a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he is responsible for working closely with all team members and maintaining the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors and public areas as assigned. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for Destination Hotels.Essential Functions
- Be knowledgeable of all services/features and local attractions/activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries
- Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible and ensure completion of all general room cleaning duties as assigned; check in with supervisor for additional assignments throughout the shift
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain safety, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of guest rooms, corridors, housekeeping linen and storage closets and public areas as assigned (i.e. remove trash and linen, wipe down shelves/counters, vacuum carpets and area rugs, sweep and wax floor, relocate improperly stored items to proper storage areas, etc.)
- Follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing of, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or bodily fluids in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- Provides accurate key control and effective security for all keys, buildings and vehicles
- Follow proper procedures to report any damages or maintenance problems
- Handle lost and found items according to department and company procedures
- Report to work on time and according to posted schedule
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules, ESPECIALLY WEEKENDS
- Competitive compensation including Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Sick Pay. In addition, meals are provided FREE OF CHARGE on site by our illustrious chef and food and beverage team during your shift. FREE PARKING. Various fun and engaging employee events are scheduled throughout the year!