A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the worlds' finest hotels. The Group operates luxury hotels in key leisure and business destinations. In total Mandarin Oriental employs 12,000 colleagues in three continents with 13 hotels in Asia, 6 in North America and 10 in Europe.
Mandarin Oriental, Boston
An intimately luxurious hotel, Mandarin Oriental, Boston combines classic New England elegance with refined Oriental touches to create one of the most distinctive hospitality experiences in the region. Awarded both Forbes Five-Stars and AAA Five-Diamonds, Mandarin Oriental, Boston features 136 of the city's most spacious and luxurious guestrooms and 12 sumptuous suites with 10,000 square feet of exquisite meeting and event facilities including a 380-seat ballroom and executive boardroom, all offering floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Boston's Back Bay. The Hotel offers a 16,000 square foot Spa offering a holistic approach to wellness, combining Asian healing philosophies with ingredients unique to New England, as well as our signature restaurant Bar Boulud, a French-inspired bistro and wine bar from internationally acclaimed Chef Daniel Boulud. Just a short 15-minute drive from Logan International Airport, Mandarin Oriental, Boston connects guests to the city's finest shopping, cultural venues and business institutions from its prime location in the heart of Boston's chic Back Bay on Boylston Street.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take full responsibility for the tasks that are given on all aspects of the Housekeeping operation and maintenance of the hotel.
Scope of Position
The Room Attendant is responsible for the overall cleanliness of all guestrooms that they are assigned to clean.
The Room Attendant - AM will report directly to the Assistant Director of Housekeeping / Housekeeping Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guest Room Cleanliness and Tidiness:
- Ensure occupied and vacant guestrooms are cleaned and maintained up to the exact standard as demonstrated by Housekeeping supervisory staff during initial training.
- Remove all soiled linens and towels from room and store on back landings.
- Thoroughly clean guest bathrooms, bathroom walls, bathtub, shower staff, water closet using the suggested chemicals. After cleaning, dry all areas, fixtures and surfaces.
- Arrange all toiletries straightened on a piece of cloth in occupied guestrooms.
- Replenish all amenities and terry items.
- Efficiently make bed to meet appearance standard as demonstrated.
- Arrange all clothing items in occupied guestrooms are folded neatly according to standard as demonstrated.
- Upkeep guestroom and bathroom to include all inside windows and mirrors.
- Remove all room service trays from guestroom hallways and/or corridor to be brought to back landings and call for pick up.
- Vacuum the guestroom's carpet and wipe down furniture and baseboards according to standard in all assigned work areas.
- Double check cleanliness of completed work area and placement of amenities in each complete guestroom before moving on to the next task.
- Guestroom equipment and facilities:
- Guest Requests Handling:
- Recognize and report all missing, damaged or sub standard furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Ensure that all electronic devices (television, remote controls, stereo, telephones) are working properly.
- Evaluate work assignment and prioritize work load according to guest requests.
- Ensure all guestrooms assigned are completed with correct status marked at the end of the day including any information for input into guest history file.
- Organize supply closets and work areas so that the Housekeeping Department operates, maintains and consistently meets efficient standards.
- Return all articles left by guest to Lost & Found.
- Adhere to Do Not Disturb policy.
Requirement on Core Competencies
The incumbent will require the following personal attributes:
- Delighting our Clients
- Awareness and sensitivity to the concept of luxury and quality.
- Responsive and genuine with customers.
- Sustains performance.
- Confident with customers.
- Working with Colleagues
- Communicates a compelling vision.
- Inspires co-operation and commitment.
- Adapts work style and ethics appropriately.
- Actively listens and builds on other ideas.
- Effectively understands and uses resources.
- Is culturally sensitive.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Promoting a Climate of Enthusiasm
- Has energy and drive.
- A sense of urgency.
- Motivating individual.
- Communicates clearly.
- Open to feedback and learning.
- Possess potential to grow.
- Being the Best
- Delivering Shareholder Value
- Achievement orientated.
- Makes things happen.
- Has presence.
- Has positive impact and influence.
- Generates, innovative options.
- Adapts plans to suit change.
- Seeks continuous improvement opportunities.
- Takes a helicopter view and keeps in focus.
- Understands and knows the business market.
- Clearly understands effective operating of a hotel.
- Develops and implements strategy.
- Adapts strategies to changes.
- Aligns plans to strategies.
- Continuously seeks new opportunities.
- Playing by the Rules
- Acting with Responsibility
- Operates ethically.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Can identify core issues and problems.
- Emotionally stable and mature.
- Accepts feedback.
- Coaches others.
- Manages responsibilities.
- Possess a good written and verbal command of the English Language.
- Possess a pleasant and outgoing personality