JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The primary function of a Room Attendant is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for product cleanliness. The Room Attendant must ensure guest satisfaction through hotel cleanliness and attention to our guests needs.
Essential Job Functions
• Treats guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
• Knows and follows established cleaning procedures to maintain a high standard of cleanliness for guest rooms.
• Properly using all cleaning fluids and supplies.
• Properly places guest amenities, e.g., toilet paper, tissues, guest service directories and turndown amenities.
• Knows and actively practices the hotels’ emergency procedures and loss prevention guidelines.
• Sorts, counts, folds, marks, and carries linens.
• Makes beds (triple sheeting) with clean sheets in excellent condition and dusts furniture.
• Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses and writing supplies.
• Moves furniture, hangs drapes, and rolls carpets.
• Empties wastebaskets.Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
• Replenishes bathroom supplies. Sweeps and scrubs bathroom floor.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Perform all duties in a safe manner and monitor those actions of others.
• Cleans lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways, when requested
• Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
• Washes walls, ceiling, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
• Stocks and replenishes linen rooms if necessary.
• Sweeps patios/balconies and ensures cobwebs are removed.
High School Diploma Preferred.
Interested, qualified candidates please apply online at www.jhmhotels.com . Online applications are required.
JHM Hotels is an equal opportunity and e-verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.