The Loews Chicago Hotel is currently seeking a Room Attendant to join the team. Opened March 2, 2015, Loews Chicago Hotel features 400 guestrooms, including 25 suites, more than 25,000 square feet of innovative meeting space, multiple outdoor terraces for guest and function uses, spa/fitness center and an outdoor rooftop including a pool overlooking the city.
Boasting city and lake views from the guest rooms, the property is located just one block north of the Chicago River and two blocks east of North Michigan Avenue, in the heart of Chicago. The hotel is part of a highly visible 52-story tower comprised of the Loews Chicago Hotel and 390 luxury residential apartments.
The Room Attendant provides guestroom service according to Loews standards. Provides the highest quality of service for hotel guests. Anticipates guest needs, demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to ensure complete satisfaction and repeat business.
- Follows policies and procedures in preparing for and cleaning service
- Follows procedures when entering guest rooms, always keeping in mind guest’s need for privacy
- Cleans and sanitizes all assigned rooms and bathrooms
- Clean guest room windows to hotel standards.
- Keeps carts and linen closets clean and orderly
- Follows the designated sequence of room assignments according to manager assignments
- Notifies Supervisor of discrepancies such as vacant rooms, etc.
- Reports irregularities such as hot-plates, pets, suspicious persons and behavior, unusual items, and activities to Supervisor
- Interacts with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Turns in lost and found items as per department standard
- Reports items of value left unsecured in hallways and guestrooms
- Maintains assigned closets and team member areas in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Communicates guest complaints to supervisor.
- Able to perform all duties of Turndown Attendant.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Adheres to OSHA regulations and hotel policies and procedures regarding emergencies, safe work practices, and wearing of protective gear as necessary
- Adheres to OSHA regulations and hotel cleaning policies and procedures to ensure professional appearance of hotel
- Performs a visual inspection before leaving any areas
- Observes guidelines for using and maintaining all pertinent equipment
- Reads departmental log book and bulletin board on a daily basis
- Follows procedures for issuance and return of room keys, prioritizing of rooms, record-keeping, and status updates
- Handles all guest complaints according to Star Service Standards, notifies Supervisor of actions taken
- Performs all duties in a timely and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to work as scheduled, in proper uniform, in accordance with the company’s personal appearance standards
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow team members
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
It is required by this position that one will be:
- On their feet over 2/3 of the time
- Walking over 2/3 of the time
- Using hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time
- Reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling under 1/3 of the time
- Talk or hear 2/3 of the time
- Service orientation
- Able to work as part of a dynamic quality-driven team
- Basic English language skills
- Able to push, stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Previous experience in upper upscale hotel Housekeeping preferred
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V