Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
* Responsible for assisting the Director of Housekeeping, Assistant Director of Housekeeping, Housekeeping Manager and all rooms Managers in the successful ownership and operational execution of the Housekeeping Department. Responsible for assisting the Housekeeping Team Leader in providing genuine care and comfort to the ladies and gentlemen of the respective departments and maintaining a sense of urgency in handling all related matters.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
* Must be able to bend, stop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair tasks.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., on a regular and continuing basis.
* Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 25 pound lbs.
* Clean guest rooms by category of priority or as directed in line up.
* Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linen to assigned guest room and position securely.
* Service assigned guest rooms.
* Empty trash, trash containers, and ashtrays.
* Remove all dirty linen and terry from the room and replace them with clean ones.
* Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor
* Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location
* Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled or damaged ones.
* Clean closets and door tracks on check out rooms and remove items left by guest. Dust inside.
* Dust and polish all furniture.
* Realign furniture to floor plan.
* Open all drawers in check out rooms and remove items left by guest, dust inside.
* Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
* Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains, report any damages to the team leader.
* Remove all dust, debris on television, clock radio, remote control.
* Set correct time on clock; correct TV channel.
* Clean lamps and light switches; check for proper working order.
* Remove dust, spots and smears from phone, and reposition properly.
* Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surface dry.
* Remove dust, smudges, and spills from honor-bar; ensure it is plugged in and securely closed.
* Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
* Inspect condition of amenities on desk, drawers and guest service directory; replace as needed.
* Remove trash, debris and cobwebs from balcony or patio.
* Inspect condition of plants; remove debris.
* Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from entrance door.
* Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards and "Privacy" sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.
* Remove dust, dirt, and smudges from A/C unit, vents, grids and thermostat. Set thermostat to 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Remove dust, stains and marks from all baseboards, ledges and corners.
* Vacuum carpet in guest rooms as well as around in the corridor.
* Spray air freshener.
* Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment rex.
* At end of the shift, return and restock cart.
* Empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum.
* Ensure security of any assigned keys.
* To take complete ownership and accountability of a daily planning and preparation phase.
* To take an ownership, "stewardship" position within the department and hotel to ensure operational excellence.
* Promote and support effective departmental and hotel communication through the use of phones, voice-mail, pagers, radios, written correspondence and verbal communication. To respond to all pages and messages promptly.
* Promote and maintain effective, confidential, secure record keeping
* Maintain complete working knowledge of: V.I.P.'s, scheduled in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements.
* Correct use and maintenance of equipment iii) All department policies and service procedures
* Provide warm welcome, and anticipation of guest needs throughout their stay.
* Assist Housemen, Engineering, Room Attendants with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
* Promote positive internal and external guest relations at all times. Foster and promote a cooperative working environment, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Ability to ensure compliance with hotel standards Policies and procedures with self and staff
* Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
* Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, and exercise good judgment.
* Ability to be a team player.
* Ability to focus on attention on details.
* Ability to develop strong, productive, professional relationships with internal and external guests.
* Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and perform job duties
* Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties
* Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information and materials.
* Ability to work without direct supervision and provide immediate follow-up.
* Ability to protect the assets of the hotel.
* Previous Guest Relations Training
* Previous Time Management Training
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.