Room and Condo Attendant
Blue Mountain Resort
Location: CA - ON - Blue Mountain
Blue Mountain, ON, CA L9Y 3Z2
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned to Blue Mountain standards, according to our detailed training programs. This position is essential to the success of the Lodging Department, because it ensures that we are able to provide our guests with clean rooms, and exceed their expectations of lodging service quality.
- Providing exemplary customer service by meeting our four service promises: engaging each guest; providing enthusiastic, friendly service; anticipating guest needs; and taking ownership.
- Perform essential duties of the daily housekeeping services in assigned units and common areas to standard, within specified time limits.
- Cleaning of the guestrooms includes: making beds and changing linens as required, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture to its original position, replenish amenities.
- Cleaning of the bathroom inside the guestroom includes: cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces (horizontal and vertical), all sinks, faucets, vanities, tubs, showers, walls and toilets.
- Cleaning of the kitchen inside the guest room includes: loading/emptying the dishwasher, cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces (horizontal and vertical), all sinks, taps, dishes, cupboards, fridge, stovetop, oven, and microwave.
- Ensure all kitchen inventory is accounted for and replaced/reported.
- Updating and prioritizing rooms to be cleaned.
- Deep Cleaning units annually in a team, including assisting with moving furniture, high dusting, full clean of unit.
- Noting and reporting inventory shortages to the appropriate authority.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining a clean/organized working environment at all times – this includes the linen lock-up, housekeeping carts and vacuums, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as seen fit or directed.
- Clean common area as required.
- Handle guests’ complaints and take action to resolve problems – inform leadership when required.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized working and public areas.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the the job, including:
- Lifting up to 25 pounds on a continuing basis throughout the day
- Pushing and pulling carts and equipment weighing up to 100lbs on a continuing basis
- Bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Handle repetitive physical motions, such as standing, sitting, stretching and bending
- Team Oriented;
- Proven ability to work under tight time demands;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at work;
- Proven guest service ability with an attention to detail;
- Previous experience in housekeeping an asset.