Revenue Optimization Delivery Specialist
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Feb 5, 2018
Position DescriptionCreate, implement and train on recommendations and action plans through analysis, strategy, development, consultation and implementation to assigned Carlson Rezidor franchised hotels in the area of Revenue Optimization. This is implemented via thorough analysis of the following areas of revenue optimization: revenue management system, rates, segmentation, reservations, brand websites, group/negotiated business, GDS and on-line travel agencies (OTA’s). Also, assist hotels in other areas of Revenue Generation such as Sales (Brand and Global), Marketing, Digital and Loyalty.
- Provides Revenue Optimization support and consultative services to assigned portfolio of hotels.
- Analyze weekly data made available from Tableau, Opera PMS, STR, Hotelligence, Omniture, revenue management systems and other reporting tools. Create weekly reporting suite and implement recommendations and action plans to optimize hotel RevPAR and RGI Growth.
- Compile weekly market analysis of competitive set, utilizing in-house reports, competitive set shopping software and the revenue management system.
- Analyze and determine market segmentation using all data sources available, ensuring optimization of placement on all distribution channels and generate reports and recommendations consistent with company policy and practice.
- As directed, conducts on-site property visits and reviews with the Hotel Revenue Team on various business strategies and provides prescriptive consultation on available CRHG resources and tactics to improve RevPAR and RevPAR Index.
- Establish relationships with all OTA Market Managers and act as the liaison between these vendors and the hotel to help drive revenue growth to the hotel.
- Assist in the maintenance of the hotel database, consult and assist the hotel in implementing content management, and distribution of the hotel database on a monthly basis on all relevant channels.
- Ensure that the hotel’s webextra site is updated.
- Provide ongoing coaching and training to hotels in successfully utilizing all revenue tools and reports (RMS, rate shopping, e-Standby, Demand Marketing) and any other future tools created.
- Ongoing knowledge of Sales programs (PCR) and support with Global and Brand sales with consultation and assistance with corporate consideration forms, Lanyon/Meetingbroker/Innbox monitoring, Hotelligence, group displacement, LNR and group pricing.
- Strong working knowledge of all Loyalty promotional opportunities and assisting hotels in utilizing Loyalty opportunities.
- Ensure hotel participation in all brand promotions set forth by each brand.
- Participates in implementation of brand goals and successful roll out of all market share/ loyalty and revenue driving brand initiatives.
- B.A. /B.S. degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working in a revenue management or optimization related field preferred
- 1-3 years of hotel experience or equivalent preferred
- Proven leadership in driving revenue
- Highly self-motivated; takes initiative; proactive; anticipates situations; identifies and
addresses issues; accountable; has a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly persuasive in shifting mindsets to new methodology and business practices
- Proficient in MS Office software applications
- Ability to analyze data and synthesize volumes of information into the key actionable elements required to drive revenue
- IDeaS G3 RMS experience preferred
- Hotel Positioning... Understand the strategic positioning of the hotel and how the products and services offered compare within the competitive market for targeted market segments.
- Distribution Channels… Understand and ability to optimize Global Distribution Channels and Online Distribution Channels to support overall growth of RevPAR and RevPAR Index.
- Consultation… Demonstrate confidence in abilities to engage with direct reports, co-workers, hotels and stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to grow RevPAR and RevPAR Index.
- Training… Ability to effectively communicate and train hotels and stakeholders on Revenue Optimization tools and reports. Including both one on one and larger group training sessions.
- Air travel 5% up to 10%
- Sitting for extended period of time
- Occasional long periods of standing
- No heavy lifting expected, exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally may be required
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.