Embassy Suites O'Hare-Rosemont, IL
Location: US - IL - Rosemont
The Embassy Suites by Hilton O'Hare Rosemont is seeking a talented Revenue Manager for our 294 suites full service property in Rosemont, IL. The hotel has recently completed an $11 million renovation of guest rooms, lobby, fitness center, pool area and some meeting space. Located across the street from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, we host many citywide expos that provide compression and keep our hotel busy. The Embassy Suites Rosemont is within walking distance from the MB Financial Park (entertainment and dining district) as well as the Fashion Outlets of Chicago. The hotel is 0.5 miles from the Rosemont Blue Line CTA station; a short walk for employees who live downtown.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor and analyze demand patterns, the effectiveness of restrictions and other selling strategies. Manage oversell in R&I.
- Utilize key 3rd party reports (STR, Hotelligence, rate shopping tool) to aid in effectively pricing units
- Adjust all rates and minimum night stay requirements daily on property and through all transient channels
- Create packages/promotions to help sell over need dates
- Complete weekly and 90 day forecasts (monthly)
- Complete room and catering revenue pace report weekly
- Conduct a weekly Revenue Management Meeting. Provide a synopsis of results vs. decision from the previous week and lead discussion on future issues such as booking pace, pricing strategies, marketing opportunities and the competitive environment
- Analyze mix of sales and write month end summaries
- Work with Front Office Manager to ensure that sellout strategies are in place, and that brand and sales systems are balanced daily.
- Participate in the crafting of the annual business plan with the GM/DOS/Controller. Create hotel day by day budget as part of the annual marketing plan process
- Understand the hotel's defined competitive market and defined comp sets and their relevance to each hotel/resort based on current/future market conditions and industry changes and fluctuations.
- Analyze past and present trends and make recommendations for future strategies.Assist sales and catering team with researching and quoting group rates for future business
- Consistently monitor inventory, room blocks and group status. Must provide quick analysis and react to leads/calls/emails from sales promptly.
- Perform displacement analysis for a potential group
The ideal candidate will have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- OnQ Front Desk, OnQ Rate & Inventory, and Delphi experience
- Front Office and/or reservations experience at a full-service hotel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills, both oral and written presentation
- Highly analytical, creative problem solver and a strong leader.
- Experience with forecasting and budget
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field.
- Knowledge of local market