We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY: The Revenue Coordinator will assist Revenue Manager in areas of room inventory to include forecasting and reporting on trends, both short term and long term outlooks. S/He will maximize the profitability of the hotel under the guidance of the Revenue Manager, while maintaining guest satisfaction.
The Revenue Coordinator shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Cultivate collaborative, mutually supportive relationships with and among customers, community, sales office, and hotel staff.
- Optimize revenue (under guidance) by monitoring all distribution channels.
- Assist in building all rates, packages, and implementing hotel sales strategy information in the hotel's inventory systems.
- Guide the reservations team and adjust rate strategies in order to maximize revenue, under the guidance of Revenue Manager. Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- Previous reservations/revenue experience in a hospitality setting
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Experience with the hotel management system
- Overall knowledge of hotel sales and marketing management
- Understanding of the reservations' process including distribution channels and reservations flow
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic math skills
- Strong facilitation skills required to deliver training in group and one-on-one settings
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Ability to maximize impact, maintain interest, and establish a rapport with your audience when conveying information
- Must speak fluent English
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate team members to sustain top performance and quality levels
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- May require a Driver's License
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to frequently stand up or move within and outside the facility
- Must be able to carry or lift items weighting up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements consistent with office work
- Must be able to frequently handle office supplies and equipment to maintain the facility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.